When you hire your own Caregiver, you are the employer of record and must have an EIN (Employer Identification Number) on file. This is necessary when your payroll tax obligations become due.  Getting an EIN is a simple, free online process via the IRS and you can access this link at: Apply for EIN.

WP Glossary Term Usage